The daily program at Gowrie NSW Kelso is an action-packed schedule of hands-on creativity, exploration, investigation, and fun! From art & drama to science and sports, music, environmental projects and more.
Our program is built on positive interactions, enriching experiences, and provides a safe, happy and empowering environment. It is guided by ‘My Time, Our Place’, the National Curriculum Framework for School Age Care in Australia and revised each school holiday period - built on children’s interests, their input and developmental age. The program includes a mix of incursions, excursions and in-house activities.
Vacation care encourages face to face group activities, like sports and team games. Interacting with other children means that they will develop skills in:
- Conflict resolution
- Empathy skills
- Confidence and resilience.
Gowrie NSW Vacation Care programs are delivered by a team of professional educators and support staff, dedicated to providing a high quality fun and engaging program in a nurturing, stimulating and supportive environment.
Our qualified Vacation Care educators:
- Encourage children’s curiosity, exploration and problem solving
- Value and respect children’s ideas and questions
- Support children to build positive relationships with others
- Respect the individuality of all children
Your children don’t need to be students of the school to register for the Gowrie NSW - Kelso Vacation Care Programme.
The following will be provided:
- Afternoon tea
- Late snack
The daily activities on offer may change due to NSW Health Advice and Restrictions. The program activities, incursions, and excursions may change subject to weather or other events outside of Gowrie NSW Control. Families will be notified by the program to be informed of any updates or changes to the program at the earliest possible time should there be a change to the program.
The daily fee for Vacation Care is $65.00 Please note additional fees will be charged for excursions and incursions.
$65 per day + $5 additional for pre-kindergarten children
Learn more about the ChildCare Subsidy and what you may be entitled to here.
- All booked vacation care sessions must be paid for in advance.
- If bookings for the first week of vacation care is requested between Wednesday 13th December 2023 and Monday 20th December 2023, a $10 per child late booking fee will be charged. Any bookings then made within the vacation care period will not incur this charge.
- Cancellation of any Vacation Care Sessions requires 7 days written notice. In the absence of required cancellation notice, the regular session fees for the day will be charged and is non-refundable.
- A failure to notify fee of $5 is charged to family’s accounts who do not inform the Program Manager that their child will not attend a booked session of care, OR if they arrive late to a booked excursion session.
- Children must be at the Centre before the scheduled bus departure time on excursion days
- Programs, incursions and excursions may change to accommodate adverse weather conditions or due to unforeseen circumstances. Parents will be advised of any changes