The Program Policy Statement
We acknowledge and appreciate that our current families have valuable and strong connections with the ability to recognize external candidates who would be an asset to Gowrie NSW.
The Family Referral Reward Program has been designed to reward the contribution of our existing family members in growing our communities to help with the growth of our educative teams. You will be eligible for an EFTPOS Gift Card when you successfully refer someone to come and work for Gowrie NSW within the guidelines of this policy. The referred candidate must be hired in a permanent full-time, permanent part-time, or Contract position and successfully complete their 6-month probation period. If you refer someone who is hired as a casual but then is converted to a permanent position, you will still be eligible.
There is no limit on the number of referrals families can make.
Who can participate in the program?
All current Gowrie NSW Families are eligible to participate.
Who can be referred?
In order to qualify for the Family Referral Reward Program, candidates referred to us should:
▪ Be hired as a permanent full-time, permanent part-time, or Contract employee, or casual who is converted to a permanent employee (not as temporary)
▪ Not be an existing contractor or Gowrie NSW Employee
Reward Information and Criteria
For a successful referrer to receive an EFTPOS Gift Card, the terms and conditions of this program include:
- If the candidate is hired in to one of the following positions, a $500 EFTPOS Gift Card will be rewarded: Centre Manager, Program Manager, or Early Childhood Teacher.
- For all other eligible roles, a $200 EPFTOS gift card will be rewarded
- We may from time to time offer additional incentives - these will be advertised on Storypark, email, centre/program notice boards
- The referrer will be eligible for the reward once the candidate completes the probationary period of the length stated in the contract.
- If you refer someone who is hired as a casual but then is converted to a permanent position, you will still be eligible for the reward. In this instance, the 6-month probationary period will be calculated from the initial start date
- All referrals will be acknowledged at the time of receipt.
- The referral of the candidate does not oblige Gowrie NSW to conduct an interview and the decision to employ the candidate is at the discretion of the organisation.
- At the end of the recruitment process, the referee is notified via email of the acceptance or rejection of the referral.
- In the event an applicant is referred from more than one source, for example from two families, a family and an employment agency, or a family and the People & Culture team via external advertising, the deciding factor will be the date and time of receipt of the referral. The participating parties will be informed when such situations arise.
- The progress of the referred candidate’s application is a confidential matter between the organisation and the candidate, and it cannot be shared with the referee. However, the referee is notified if the candidate is offered and accepts employment with Gowrie NSW.
- Referrers are eligible for a reward if a candidate is hired later or gets hired for another position.
- There is no cap on the number of referrals an employee can make. All rewards will be paid accordingly.
- Gowrie NSW will need to verify the current enrolment status of the referrer.
How do I submit a referral?
Please note that you must obtain the permission of the candidate to that you are referring.
To refer a candidate, please fill in the form below. You will receive a confirmation email.