As part of the Inclusion Support Programme (ISP) commitment to closing the gap and increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, Gowrie NSW's Indigenous Cultural Hub (ICH) offers eligible early childhood and child care services support around addressing barriers to inclusion for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.
Working in partnership with the NSW and ACT Inclusion Agency, the ICH provides support for individuals, families and communities by:
Supporting and developing understanding and knowledge of Indigenous perspectives in early childhood in order to help tailor programs and provide inclusive services. Developing and providing resources that address barriers to Education and Care services for Indigenous children and families. Facilitating Yarnin Circles for Educators and Services across NSW and the ACT to develop support in areas of inclusive practice
Gowrie NSW Yarnin circles promote:
- Cultural competency and inclusion of the Indigenous Perspective
- Connections to community, valuing local knowledge and centre based practice.
- Development of the participants identity and strengthening relationships
- Creating a platform for local areas to connect and develop a network of support to continue Yarnin in other areas of inclusive practice.
- Empower and strengthen participants to have a voice and be heard regarding personal attitudes, skills, knowledge and philosophy’s
- Closing the gap to barriers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children accessing early childhood services.
ECCC services eligible for support through the ISP are:
- Long Day Care (LDC)
- Outside School Hours Care, including Vacation Care
- Family Day Care
- Occasional Care
- Mobile Services
- Budget Based Funded (BBF) Program services
For more information visit the NSW/ACT Inclusion Agency.