Experience air through touch, sound and movement. Discover that air is so much more than ‘nothing’ by making it perceptible to your senses. Uncover how communication, reflection and questioning enhance
Experience air through touch, sound and movement. Discover that air is so much more than ‘nothing’ by making it perceptible to your senses. Uncover how communication, reflection and questioning enhance children’s ability to become confident life-long learners.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
- learn how early education can foster children’s metacognitive development
- uncover how communication, reflection and questioning enhance children’s ability to think about their own learning
- experience the effects of different prompts and questions on the learner
- explore air through touch, sound and movement
- benefit from the exchange with like-minded educators and reflect on your current practice
- feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
Our early-STEM professional development program is designed to promote confidence in facilitating STEM* learning and empower those working with children aged 3-6 years to implement playful, inquiry-based experiences in educational programs.
Our engaging play-based workshops are designed with you, the teacher in mind and previous STEM knowledge is not required.
This workshop will provide you with a solid understanding and confidence in planning and implementing STEM learning in your service, and is delivered in partnership with Little Scientists Australia.
About Little Scientists Australia
Little Scientists Australia is a not-for-profit professional development program for early childhood educators and teachers, supported and funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training through the National Innovation and Science Agenda.Little Scientists workshops are endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficiency Teacher level. Each workshop counts as 5 hours and 30 minutes of PD.
* STEM: science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Level 5, 99 Walker St, North Sydney NSW 2060
Catering not included.