Safe Sleep and Settling for Infants and Toddlers - A Workshop for Families & Early Childhood Professionals Delivered by a Registered Nurse, Child and Family Health Nurse that has over 20 years
Safe Sleep and Settling for Infants and Toddlers – A Workshop for Families & Early Childhood Professionals
Delivered by a Registered Nurse, Child and Family Health Nurse that has over 20 years industry experience.
Why is safe sleeping so important?
Gowrie NSW has partnered with Safe Sleep Space to provide Families and Early Education and Care Professionals brand new Sleep Smart workshops enabling you to gain skills in safe sleeping guidelines and the importance of sleep and settling using an infant mental health approach and evidence based guidelines.
The Safe Sleep Approach
The Safe Sleep Space approach involves responding appropriately to your baby’s cues and communication and therefore accommodating individual baby responses, temperaments and behaviours. With this in mind, no controlled crying is required to achieve good sleep patterns.
This workshop will focus on:
- Infant and toddler sleep, including an overview of the evidence based safe sleeping guidelines on how to create a safe sleep environment
- Infant and toddler cues; sleep requirements and sleep associations
- Evidence-based sleep and settling strategies and their application using a response based approach which is developmentally and age appropriate
- The importance of temperament and cultural consideration
- The importance of working with families when planning and implementing sleep strategies and managing parental concerns (educators)
- Completing this Safe Sleep Space course will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD from The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW (for educators only).
The workshop will be delivered by a Registered Nurse, Child and Family Health Nurse that has over 20 years industry experience.
- Lunch and light refreshments included
- No child-minding available
- Every participant will gain free 12 months’ access to a Sleep Smart Online Training Guide.
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
This workshop is not available, please check the next date