Safe Sleep and Settling for Infants and Toddlers Why is safe sleeping so important? Gowrie NSW has partnered with Safe Sleep Space to provide Early Education and Care Professionals brand
Safe Sleep and Settling for Infants and Toddlers
Why is safe sleeping so important?
Gowrie NSW has partnered with Safe Sleep Space to provide Early Education and Care Professionals brand new Sleep Smart workshops enabling you to gain skills in safe sleeping guidelines and the importance of sleep and settling using an infant mental health approach and evidence based guidelines.
This workshop will focus on:
- Infant and toddler sleep, including an overview of the evidence based safe sleeping guidelines on how to create a safe sleep environment
- Infant and toddler cues; sleep requirements and sleep associations
- Evidence-based sleep and settling strategies and their application using a response based approach which is developmentally and age appropriate
- The importance of temperament and cultural considerations
- The importance of working with families when planning and implementing sleep strategies and managing parental concerns
Participants will gain a greater understanding about safe sleeping and settling and feel empowered to work closely with parents to provide the infants and toddlers in their care with a Safe Sleep Space.
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Level 1, 1 Elliott Ave Erskineville NSW 2043
This workshop is not available, please check the next date