Develop a greater understanding of young children on the autism spectrum and learn to plan inclusive programs that support their learning and development.
This workshop is designed to support educators working with children on the autism spectrum by providing a comprehensive overview of planning for quality, inclusive Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) programs. Explore how foundations of neurodiversity can guide your practice as an educator:
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
- Understand children’s development and how to support children and family’s pre-diagnosis
- Learn from observing children
- Discover how educators and services can work in partnership with families, allied health professionals and the NDIS
- Develop practical strategies and make a difference in your environment, program and practice