Have you ever met a child who is not fascinated by water? From ice blocks to raindrops, children love to explore water from an early age.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:
• Explore water with all your senses and discover how to make the wet stuff even more exciting
• Investigate the different aggregate states and test the solubility of different substances
• Understand the important role of inquiry-based learning and co-construction
• Implement our inquiry-based educational approach
• Benefit from the exchange with other educators and teachers
• Feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
• Take home information and inspiration in the Water booklet and cards you receive.
Our early-STEM professional development program is designed to promote confidence in facilitating STEM* learning and empower those working with children aged 3-6 years to implement playful, inquiry-based experiences in educational programs.
Our engaging play-based workshops are designed with you, the teacher in mind and previous STEM knowledge is not required.
This workshop will provide you with a solid understanding and confidence in planning and implementing STEM learning in your service, and is delivered in partnership with Little Scientists Australia.
About Little Scientists Australia
Little Scientists Australia is a not-for-profit professional development program for early childhood educators and teachers, supported and funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training through the National Innovation and Science Agenda.Little Scientists workshops are endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficiency Teacher level. Each workshop counts as 5 hours and 30 minutes of PD.
* STEM: science, technology, engineering and mathematics.