Enjoy a day of lights, colours and optical illusions exploring the land of mirrors, colourful shadows and nature’s paint palette.
This STEM learning opportunity will help you:• Discover how light, colour and vision have a great impact on us understand and explore light streams through the eyes of a child
• Collect ideas for project work and child-led projects that scaffold children’s learning and development
• Implement our inquiry-based educational approach
• Benefit from the exchange with other educators and teachers
• Feel confident in unlocking the wonders of STEM
• Take home information and inspiration in the Optics booklet and cards you receive.
Our early-STEM professional development program is designed to promote confidence in facilitating STEM* learning and empower those working with children aged 3-6 years to implement playful, inquiry-based experiences in educational programs.
Our engaging play-based workshops are designed with you, the teacher in mind and previous STEM knowledge is not required.
This workshop will provide you with a solid understanding and confidence in planning and implementing STEM learning in your service, and is delivered in partnership with Little Scientists Australia.
About Little Scientists Australia
Little Scientists Australia is a not-for-profit professional development program for early childhood educators and teachers, supported and funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training through the National Innovation and Science Agenda.Little Scientists workshops are endorsed to provide NESA Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficiency Teacher level. Each workshop counts as 5 hours and 30 minutes of PD.
* STEM: science, technology, engineering and mathematics.