Understanding Infants & Sleep! Morning session
- Understanding our Infants – social emotional health and importance in sleep.
- Infant Safe Sleep – discuss how to create and foster a safe sleeping environment for infants.
- Infant Settling – using an infant metal health approach to helping infants settle to sleep.
A child’s social and emotional development from birth to age 3 is a period where they experience the greatest level of growth and development. In this workshop we will explore the importance of relationships and interactions and also how these early experiences not only form the foundations for a child’s ongoing development but also impact their mental health and wellbeing and can contribute to sleep disturbances. We will provide clear evidence-based information and guidelines, on how to create a safe sleeping environment for infants and young children as well as learn how consideration of an infant’s unique needs, cues and capabilities, helps us to provide appropriate care. We will explore what factors contribute to sleep disturbances in the first 12 months and learn step-by-step, age appropriate settling strategies.
Understanding Toddlers & Sleep! Afternoon session
- Understanding our toddlers – social emotional health and importance in sleep.
- Toddler Safe Sleep- discuss how to create and foster a safe sleeping environment for toddlers.
- Toddler Settling – using an infant metal health approach to helping toddlers settle to sleep.
In this workshop, we will focus on toddlers aged from 1 to 3 years. We will conduct a deeper analysis of a toddler’s needs, cues and capabilities, review what factors influence sleep and sleep struggles, and provide step-by-step settling strategies. The end goal is to help you create an emotionally safe sleep space, where toddlers feel comfortable drifting to sleep.
Need a different date or location? No problem – contact the Education Hub to discuss your needs email@example.com or call (02) 8571 9772