Gowrie NSW partners with Safe Sleep Space to present
‘Safe Sleep and Settling for Infants and Toddlers’
Participants will gain a greater understanding about safe sleeping and settling and feel empowered to work closely with parents to provide the infants and toddlers in their care with a Safe Sleep Space.
This workshop will focus on:
- Infant and toddler sleep, including an overview of the evidence based safe sleeping guidelines on how to create a safe sleep environment
- Infant and toddler cues; sleep requirements and sleep associations
- The importance of working with families when planning and implementing sleep strategies and managing parental concerns
- A comprehensive guide to understanding and nurturing the social and emotional well being of babies and toddlers.
- Step-by-step, age appropriate, gentle and responsive settling strategies – from birth to 3 years.
Every participant will gain free 12 months’ access to a Sleep Smart Online Training Guide to assist you with embedding your learnings into your centre.
Completing this Safe Sleep Space course will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD from The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
The Sleep Smart online training program links with NQS Quality Areas 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7. EYLF Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
About the Presenter
Carolyn is a Registered Nurse, Child and Family Health Nurse and has over 20 years experience in a number of different settings with a particular interest in sleep and settling, infant feeding and infant mental health. Carolyn also has experience in research and is passionate about supporting and encouraging parents through their parenting journey.