A smooth transition to school can support children to develop a lifelong love of learning. Enhance your understanding of the practices which will ensure a positive start for children and families at school. Delve into strategies to support children who may enter Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) and how to prepare them for further transition. Topics include:
- What is transition to school and school readiness? Starting school from a child’s perspective
- Questions for families to determine their child’s readiness
- Practical tips for supporting children during the transition process
This workshops includes Collaborative Learning Community Mentoring Sessions
Gowrie NSW Education Hub are offering a unique mentoring opportunity to provide ongoing support and collaboration with other educators.
After attending this workshop, attendees have the option to participate in two online mentoring sessions to extend their learning and reflect on the knowledge gained from the workshop.
During the mentoring the facilitator will act as a ‘professional friend’ and pose key questions for reflection around the workshop topics. Educators will experience a supportive space to:
- Unpack any challenges and barriers as well as identify hopes and achievements
- Reflect and question their practice to deepen their initial workshop learnings
- Engage with other professional educators to network and build community
Completing ‘A Positive Start to School’ ’will contribute 3 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 5.1.2 and 5.5.2 from The Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.