An exciting opportunity has become available at Gowrie NSW for a Chief Financial Officer to join our Executive leadership team located in North Sydney, NSW.
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for contributing to the strategic direction of the organisation, along with your fellow members of the Executive Team. You will be a key partner to the CEO in relation to the organisation’s finances and long-term sustainability, whilst leading a high performing finance, facilities and IT team. As an Executive you will exemplify strong leadership skills, commerciality and strategic thinking.
As a dynamic CFO you will:
- Have a hands on approach with the ability to bring a strategic and commercial focus.
- Lead the entire finance function including financial and management accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, audit, risk management and business planning
- Oversee and management of all treasury matters, including forecasting and planning of cash flow and strategic management of investment funds
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budget variances, financial trends and forecasts to ensure effective and informed decision making
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Demonstrate strong leadership and executive partnering capability.
- Work in partnership with key managers to identify and realise opportunities that contribute to Gowrie NSW's financial sustainability
- Produce statutory financial statements and returns in accordance with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission, Corporations Act and other relevant legislation
- Plan and manage the annual audit process, ensuring all audit requirements are submitted on time and an unqualified audit opinion is received
- Provide information, analysis and advice to the Board Audit and Risk Committee and attend monthly Board meetings
- Responsibility for Information & Communications Technology and facilities management functions.
The ideal candidate will have 8 + years’ experience in the full range of financial and management accounting activities, including financial analysis, modelling and reporting, plus the following essential skills and experience:
- University Degree qualified, majoring in accounting
- Current CPA or CA membership
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Accounting Standards, Australian taxation legislation, particularly in relation to GST and FBT
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with a knack for making technical information understandable
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and interpret financial reports, and translate into meaningful, plain-English insights and recommendations
- Proactive and forward-thinking
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central or Microsoft Dynamics accounting software and Power BI
- Exposure to Not-for-Profit sector desirable
Gowrie NSW will offer you a competitive salary package, a supportive team environment, and opportunities for on-going professional development.