- Assist in leading a strong team of 10 educators at our 40 place centre located in Mudgee NSW .
- Build Strong long lasting relationships with staff, children and Parents.
- Guide other educators in their practice and support them in programming.
About Gowrie NSW
A leader in early and middle childhood for 79 plus years, Gowrie NSW is a non for-profit organisation providing a range of education and care, family support and professional development programs to the early and middle childhood sector across NSW and ACT.
The role of the educational leader/2IC is to work as part of a team to create a warm and inclusive environment for children, and provide high quality education and care services for children and families, as well as lead and support fellow educators.
The role is part-time 30 hours per week Tuesday to Friday and will require some flexibility on start and finish times between centre opening hours of 8.00am-5.30pm .
The Duties of this role include:
- Leading the preschool room
- writing and implementing a collaborative program
- Oversea and mentor all fellow educators at the service with programming and planning
- assisting in the implementation and reflection of a program
- Being a responsible person at the service doing opens and closes where required
- contributing to regular documentation of children's emerging skills and interests
- developing relationships with other staff and families
- engaging in professional communication with families and caregivers
We are looking to appoint someone who is diploma qualified and who is dedicated, confident and has an understanding of primary care giving and respectful practice with children. Essential requirements for this position are:
- Diploma of Children's Services
- Current approved senior first aid certificate inclusive of anaphylaxis and asthma units.
- Up to date CPR Unit
- Identify and Respond qualification or willingness to obtain
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Strong ability to understand and implement EYLF & NQS requirements
- Experience in Documenting children's learning and development.
- Experience in observing, programming and planning to meet children's individual needs
Why Choose Gowrie NSW?