- Above Award rates + Professional Development opportunities
- Highly respected organisation
- Supportive and encouraging team environment
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Early Childhood Teacher to join our team at our Brad New Gowrie NSW/ACT Discovery House Early Education and Care Centre located in Phillip . Our Centre caters for up to 69 children from birth up to 6 years old.
About Gowrie NSW
A leader in early and middle childhood for 75 plus years, Gowrie NSW is a surplus for purpose organisation providing a range of education and care, family support and professional development programs to the early and middle childhood sector across NSW and ACT. We are a growing organisation and employ many dedicated professionals, we offer excellent rewards and recognition, a supportive working and learning environment, and opportunities for professional development and continued learning.
We are currently looking to appoint an Early Childhood Teacher who can effectively deliver and evaluate early learning programs to join our friendly, professional team. The position requires someone who is dedicated, confident and articulate in early childhood pedagogy and practice.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead a program that contributes to each child's interests and emotional and social wellbeing;
- Complete documentation of children's experiences and learning;
- Regularly monitor the environment and actively maintain a safe, clean and well-maintained premise;
- Engage in professional and respectful communication with families;
- Contribute to the philosophy of the program and actively live the values and vision of the organisation.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Teaching Early Childhood Education (4 year qualified)
- Teacher registration in NSW
- New Working with Children Check
- Completion of Child Protection course
- Certified Supervisor Certificate, current approved first aid and CPR
- Current approved anaphylaxis and asthma management certificates
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
Why Choose Gowrie NSW?
- We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer
- Professional Development Courses
- A supportive and friendly culture and environment
- Above award rates of pay
- Flexible working arrangement policy
- Uniform provided and allowance paid